If you have ever felt you would like to make a real difference to animal's lives…
please consider fostering!
The 3 qualities needed to be a cat fosterer:
Patience – Understanding – Unconditional love
Each year more and more kittens are born. With limited space at the Haven, we need fosterers to open their homes and hearts to help us save more lives. Every fosterer makes a huge difference to the lives of these animals! What you need to foster:
- A warm, dry, safe room in your home away from your animals
- Spend a minimum of two hours socialising the kittens – playing, grooming, etc.
- Ability to transport foster animals to the Haven for regular check-ups
- Litter box and kitty litter
- Cat bed/blankets to keep foster animals warm and cosy
A caring fosterer can really turn their lives around for the better. Kittens are fostered until they are 1kg (usually 8-10 weeks of age). They will then return to the Haven for desexing and be put up for adoption. If you're interested in cat/kitten fostering, pop on in to the Haven and chat to one of our cattery attendants, or click the link below where you can print the fostering form and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. *For dog and puppy fostering, please phone the Haven to speak with our kennel attendant or pop on in to the Haven. Click on the following link to download our cat/kitten foster form: Waikato SPCA cat/kitten foster form